Sign in to follow this  
admin

What should be done to see that underrespresented people's views are heard?

Guest Hannah UK

I think in terms of representation in sport it depends what sport...men are under represented in synchronised swimming... and women in many other sports like football

Guest Davy UK

We all define underrepresented people differently depending on our life experience as to who we have seen being underrepresented.

The problem when you start doing things like quotas to make sure that different voices are heard, like women, is that it can make some people view them differently i.e. that they are not there on merit/ hard work but just to fill a quota. 

Overall I think quotas might be good but we need to get rid of the stigma attached to them. 

Guest Henry Kenya

Many people in Kenya don't get their voices heard. The children, the women and the men who are not rich.

We need to change how we value and listen to people. Everyone's views can be too important. Let's make time to hear them.

Guest Alfred Uganda

Establishing committees to speak/ represent people's opinions. For children, having a committee for the Children approved by the Government to represent the disadvantaged and neglected children. An example is a case in point in Kolkata there is a children's Council representing the street-connected children at parliament. At SALVE in Uganda we have a children's council representing the children supported by SALVE.

Guest Joel Uganda

Members of parliament should go down to them, get their views and take them and table them in parliament.

Guest Miya Uganda

Use of all the political channels from the local council up to the top to handle their views

Guest Matia Uganda

Use of radios both talk shows and announcements to share different views would help

Guest Muwanika Uganda

Community meetings with local leaders and the local people is my idea

Guest James Uganda

We should use the organisations that promote the wellbeing of all citizens to lobby for them and make sure their views are heard. eg in the construction of schools, roads and equipping hospitals with drugs.

Guest Nagudi Uganda

Communities need to vote MPS and political leaders who care about people and are not just "yes" people to those in higher power.

Guest Lauren, UK

I think that people should be given more chances to mix with people different to themselves so that they can understand the lives and opinions of others. I think this would lead to better representation of underrepresented people.

Guest Debbie UK
On 7/16/2019 at 9:37 PM, Guest Lauren, UK said:

I think that people should be given more chances to mix with people different to themselves so that they can understand the lives and opinions of others. I think this would lead to better representation of underrepresented people.

Good point but how do we make sure they are mixing in an equal way so that the underrepresented people don't feel they have to keep quiet for their own protection and to fit in?

Guest Sarah Uganda

Through community talks and discussions to address personal views

Guest Jamir Uganda

Through networking and coordinating with others

Guest Smagambo Uganda
Just now, Guest Jamir Uganda said:

Through networking and coordinating with others

Through expressing their views to the local leaders to be forwarded to people concerned

Guest Robert Uganda

Radios and Telvision shows to discuss about issues of National importance

Guest Yazid Uganda

Through sharing one’s ideas on social media platforms e.g twitter, face book

Guest James Uganda

Collaboration with community leaders

Guest Robert Uganda

Through music dance and drama

Guest onyango (uganda)
3 hours ago, Guest Robert Uganda said:

creating a rebel group

Guest Dan uk

Firstly society should work on all people being seen as absolutely equal regardless of wealth, race, religion, sex or anything else. Then it should naturally follow that all peoples views are represented.

However, we should be careful to give all peoples views and opinions equal status - they should be viewed and heard within moral codes and laws.

Guest Leigh, UK

I think petitions can be quiet good to raise awareness. To then be discussed / actioned.

Guest sekate (uganda)

through social media

Guest onyango (uganda)

during campaign we can expires our views to the candidates