Sign in to follow this  
admin

Does having policies and laws affect people’s behaviour and values positively?

Guest Robert (Uganda)
14 minutes ago, Guest Astrid Germany said:

Most laws raise awareness for example we have a law to wear seatbelts to try to save lives in traffic accidents.

Yes, it is true that most laws raise awareness for example we have a law to wear seat belts to try to save lives in traffic accidents.

Guest Sara

I think it will effect behaviours differently in different countries as different places have different abilities to enforce laws

Guest Florence (Uganda)
4 minutes ago, Guest Joanne, UK said:

It feels like the laws are designed for the powerful not the powerless.

No, because all of us we are under laws.

Guest Leigh, UK

So at work we have a uniform policy. And I don’t like it. Cause it’s to vague. And it doesn’t suit me. 
It’s hot. I want to wear shorts. Uniform policy is the only policy as a male I don’t benefit. Wear ever I work. Ladies seem to be able to wear what they like and have more scope. I have to wear a collar shirt or company t shirt. And trousers and shoes.

Guest Leigh, UK

Laws are good as it gives you guidelines to what you can do and what you can’t. Every body needs boundaries and guidance. Without there would be chaos. But they have to be agreed and implemented.

Guest Denis(uganda)
7 minutes ago, Guest Joanne, UK said:

It feels like the laws are designed for the powerful not the powerless.

This is true because the poor  can't win cases against the rich . This has  created division  among people in the country

Guest Solo(Uganda)

Policies are good because they help to regulate an entire nation, people and helps people on how to decide on how to conduct themselves in public.

Guest Budallah (Uganda)
29 minutes ago, Guest FATAH(UGANDA) said:

Policies and law have helped to live.

How does it help people to live? And do you want to say that people can not live without laws.

Guest Anne(Denmark)

Policies limit some people on how to spend their money which is straining because if someone has worked doe his money there is no need of limiting him on how to spend. 

Guest Nicola (UK)

I think it can have a positive effect if the laws and policies have been well thought through and the people affected by them consulted in their design. Then you also need to review and improve them over time and not just leave them to remain the same forever.