Sign in to follow this  
admin

What could your community do differently to make sure everyone understands children’s rights?

Guest Sharif(Uganda)

Parents/guardians should sensitize their children about their rights such that they get to know them and by so doing, it will lead to understand children rights.

Guest Jenny UK
13 minutes ago, Guest Bek (Germany) said:

My experience is limited to research on missing migrant children. There are people far more qualified than I to talk on this issue but, nonetheless, here are my thoughts.  In Germany, I think the wider community considers widespread child rights abuses to be something that occurs in other countries. I think they trust that German institutions will, for the most part, get it right and that cases of children not accessing their rights are extreme outliers. There also appears to be a lack of appreciation Europe-wide for just how much danger a child who cannot access or his or her rights faces. Public education should not only focus on what the rights of the children are, but also the possible consequences of them not being accessed. Education of police departments in this regard is also important. 

How do you think we can go about educating police forces? What do you think they need to learn exactly?

Guest Robert (Aus)

Hello, children in Uganda - I think you have some wonderful ideas and I am really inspired by you all!

Which rights do you think you are most missing out on as children? Which rights are the most important to you?

Guest Ali

There should be a massive sensitization of the community so that they get to know about children's rights since some people act violently on children because of ignorance.

Guest yazidi

Leaders  in the community also hme to act as examples  in the community

Guest Lorence(Uganda )

The  community has to give children time to express their challenges for example failure to go to school and then come up with possible solutions and ideas. the essence of this is to respect children and their ideas hence understanding their rights in the community

Guest Ali
1 minute ago, Guest Robert (Aus) said:

Hello, children in Uganda - I think you have some wonderful ideas and I am really inspired by you all!

Which rights do you think you are most missing out on as children? Which rights are the most important to you?

The Right to education. The Right to good shelter and housing.the Right to live with parents.the Right to Medicare

Guest isaac (uganda)

in a way of involving and respecting children,community has to involve them in different acfivies for example leadership so as to groomthem to hawe better futures and being good citizens

Guest Waiswa

I think its one if governments responsibility to create awareness among the members in the community .therefore it has to put in much efforts in community community sensitisation and mobilization.

Guest Robert (Aus)
3 minutes ago, Guest Lorence(Uganda ) said:

The  community has to give children time to express their challenges for example failure to go to school and then come up with possible solutions and ideas. the essence of this is to respect children and their ideas hence understanding their rights in the community

Some of the problems you talk about involve money to fix them. What if people want to do the right thing and send their child to school but they can't afford to. How can the children's right to go to school be realised in this case?

Guest Waiswa

Parents in the community also have to establish clear and good relationships between them and their children .

Guest yazidi

people  in the community have   to report  to police those  who violet children's rights.

Guest Elvis, Uganda

By putting focal persons in every village to give updates on every child rights in a community

Guest Eddie-Uganda

If parent/relative mistreats me,  I rather take/report them to police. this is because if one reaches police they mediate.

Guest yazidi

leaders in  the  community  also  have to act as examples in the  community.

Guest Steve(Uganda)

Sincerely speaking in every community there are members who understand and know children's rights. Its also unfortunate that this is understood differently to others who not only don't respect but also don't know children's rights and responsibilities in homes. For those that are a ware of this have to come up and also empower those that could be ignorant with any of these skills.

Guest Emma, Uganda

Putting children's rights adverts on radios television and news papers

Guest ayubu(uganda )

by puting strict rules on childrens rights in the community eg child abuse,

Guest Yazid, Uganda

Talking about child rights in churches and mosque

Guest Nicola (UK)

There are lots of really great ideas here 🙂

I am not sure that everyone in the community knows what children's rights are and nor do they always agree or "buy into" them. Some people may agree with some but not all of them as being possible to put into action.

I also think there can be a problem of feeling like the gap between what the rights are and what the realities children face at the moment can feel too big to be able to help to take action on within the community. So choosing different rights to highlight and work upon within your community, that are most affecting children at the time, makes a lot of sense to make the challenges more achievable to be overcome.

I would also like to see more government leadership across the world in committing to and educating people about children's rights. They should take speedy action if children's rights are being abused to show that they are truly committed to them.

Guest Sadat, Uganda

Carrying out and distributing  reading materials to people taking about rights

Guest Naigaga

Mass sensitization to the public both adults and children, unless children know their rights they won't be able to differentiate between what they ought to have and not to have

Guest Eddie-Uganda

Involving religious leaders to preach about the children's rights in their churches/mosques to spare some time to talk  about  the children's rights before they preach to the congregation.

Guest Shalif
20 minutes ago, Guest Robert (Aus) said:

Some of the problems you talk about involve money to fix them. What if people want to do the right thing and send their child to school but they can't afford to. How can the children's right to go to school be realised in this case?

You are right to some exent although some goverments have have come up with some strategies in that for the families that cant afford paying fees have been given chance to attend government schools that dont charge them with anyting. its only private schools that charge students and highly

Guest Megan (UK)

I think it starts with education in school (into the curriculum - events and days at school) so young people can learn all about children's rights (including from their own experiences and children from across the world). But it needs to infiltrate into the community and I believe youth groups and young leaders are the way to do that.