Sign in to follow this  
admin

Is equality for women and girls possible?

Guest Lauren

I think that gender equality is possible at some point in the future. It will require education and legislation and will happen faster in some contexts than others, but I believe it is possible as long as we don't give up trying!

Guest Chloe

I believe it is possible if everyone is educated and willing to make changes to ensure everyone has equal opportunities. As women and girls are able to show people all around the world that they are just as capable as men, societies will transform and be fairer for all. 

Guest Jane Guest

Definitely, if there is enough will and momentum to keep moving forward. All of society will benefit from equal opportunities for all. 

Guest Megan

Yes it is possible! But I think that everyone needs to get involved - but it is not only a women's fight. Men have a key role to play in challenging inequalities and changing attitudes. 

Guest Henry

There is no such thing as equality between 2 different things. Men and women are different and so will never be equal but can be valued for their differences and what they bring to the world. 

Guest Igulu (Uganda)

No they can't because some women and girls can't afford to provide for a family

Guest Martha (Uganda)

Yes they can all care for the family firmly 

Guest Elvis (Uganda)

Yes because they are also human beings

Guest Amiri(Uganda)

Women are strong character because they can handle issues in a family

Guest Hadija(Uganda)

Yes its possible in case they all given respected and treated the same

Guest Musa(Uganda)

Yes because there are some women who are doing work for men like driving n building and working with men which is good so it can be

Guest Yazid(Uganda)

If women and girls are represented well from all levels of society there can be equality 

Guest Igulu(Uganda)

Its not possible because women are a minority in a society and they can't fight for them 

Guest Joshua(Uganda)

Its not possible because men under look women so much

Guest Emma(Uganda)

Yes women can because they are grown up can make decisions for  themselves and for girls they can't because they are young

Guest Solo(Uganda)

If women and girls are given chance to thrive and make influence in a community equality will be possible to them

Guest Debs UK
21 hours ago, Guest Joshua(Uganda) said:

Its not possible because men under look women so much

How can we make men look at women more positively then Joshua?

Guest Hannah UK

Yes I think it is possible and is already happening in many places. I just think it's happening a bit slowly!

Guest Jake cant

Equality is possible for women and girls, we have seen a huge improvement in the western world over the past 100 years. This equality is now spreading to the LGBT+ community too, which is great!

To help improve equality for women and girls, we should talked about the inequalities women suffer as much as possible - spread the word! Women and girls play a huge role in society and are just as capable as men, so should be treated the same.

Guest Baba

I think it’s not impossible but in some cases it’s little bit difficult. For example, in terms of rights, women can get equal rights to be educated, work and get married..... However, to be equality needs not only rights but also environment, all of people’s mind or attitude.

Even if  women has equal right to men, men sometimes don’t permit women’s thinking or feeling when women’s thought is different from men’s ones.

I experienced like above situations as a one girl. At that time my feeling is not good and I have a kind of doubt to this society.

this problem is not so simple. We have to try to change all of people’s mind and the way of thinking.

It takes a so long time to do it completely. So I think women equality is not impossible but it’s little bit difficult.

Guest Andy

Yes, I believe this is possible but it requires education for those people already in positions of power. Younger generations are already educated to see everyone equally and so equality for all people will come when all discriminations are forgotten by those senior figures in charge of recruitment for example.

Guest Steven

Although I would like to say that women and girls can achieve equality I think it will be very difficult in lots of countries where social norms place women below men

Guest Daniel UK

Absolutely yes. And not just possible, imperative.

Guest Megan UK

Yes! It is possible but only if we work together. This is not only a fight for women but for men as well.