Sign in to follow this  
admin

Should love be conditional on how you behave?

Guest Jane

I want to say no, real love should be unconditional. But the answer has to be yes. With love there has to be respect, kindness and consideration. We can forgive some behaviours of those we love, but only when we are shown love back.

Guest Lis

Love should not be conditional but there are consequences to bad behaviour. Loving someone sometimes requires hard decisions and putting in boundaries when behaviour is unacceptable. But these lines should be clear and reasonable allowing the person to make different choices and not decisions made in anger. When you love someone you want to do the best for them

Guest Hannah
Just now, Guest Lis said:

Love should not be conditional but there are consequences to bad behaviour. Loving someone sometimes requires hard decisions and putting in boundaries when behaviour is unacceptable. But these lines should be clear and reasonable allowing the person to make different choices and not decisions made in anger. When you love someone you want to do the best for them

If your love has conditions it's not love. Love is unconditional. I agree with Lis re rules and boundaries but if for e.g. my kids break them I'd still love them no matter what!

Guest Angela

If we stop loving because of bad behaviour then nothing will change...

Guest Megan

Love is unconditional. Anything else and it is not love. Even when people make bad choices/decisions, you still love them. I agree with Lis above - there has to be boundaries but not conditions otherwise you are not loving the person for who they truly are.

Guest Lauren

I think love is always unconditional, however, if someone acts in a way that hurts you intentionally you shouldn't show your love to them in the same way you have before.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this