Sign in to follow this  
admin

Do adults value the contribution children can make to society fairly?

Guest Ashraf
47 minutes ago, Guest Erisa (Uganda) said:

Yes if you become ateacher, you support the entire community/society by teaching the rest if you work in the same community.

True but some teachers mistreat the children 

Guest RONALD (UGANDA)

Yes children also contribute to good sanitation in the society like keeping compunds clean and planting of trees.

Guest Fahad(Uganda)

Yes when a child comes up with a thought of going to school the adult will accept because its good. 

Guest Amane, Japan

Yes, children are the one who take an important roles to shape the society in the future. Indeed, children do not have so much experiences or knowledge compared to adults, so adults need to give children to think by themselves. 

Guest Igulu (Uganda)

No sometimes adults think that a child's view is not so important to solve the problem.. 

Guest ROBERT (uGANDA)
2 hours ago, Guest Ashraf said:

True but some teachers mistreat the children 

Yes but it also depends on the nature of the child, a teacher can not mistreat achild without doing some thing wrong.

Guest Yusuf (Uganda)

Yes some adults will accepts children's view if they are positive to the society

Guest ronald(uganda)

yes,when achild is educated in the field of agriculture ,he can educate the community about agricultural skills.

Guest Abby (uganda)
16 minutes ago, Guest Sadat kizito said:

No, because in our parliament and many village councils no children are represented thus a negative signal 

So why do you think they aren't represented and what could be the major cause of this?

Guest Solo(Uganda)

No adults don't value sometimes children's views because they think children  are still young so they tend to over look them.  

Guest ROBERT (UGANDA)
2 hours ago, Guest Amane, Japan said:

Yes, children are the one who take an important roles to shape the society in the future. Indeed, children do not have so much experiences or knowledge compared to adults, so adults need to give children to think by themselves. 

To me i think both two parties have an important role in making sure that the society prospers very well so all are needed.

Guest ROBERT (UGANDA)
2 hours ago, Guest Igulu (Uganda) said:

No sometimes adults think that a child's view is not so important to solve the problem.. 

True that is what some adults think but to me i say that children's veiws are so imprtant that can be used to solve problems in societies.

Guest Solo(Uganda)
6 minutes ago, Guest Amane, Japan said:

Do children need to have some experience frlor views to ve valued

Guest BRIDGET (UGANDA)

Yes some children help the elderly in the community.

Guest Byansi Erisa (Uganda)
On 1/20/2019 at 9:15 PM, Guest Rachel said:

I think some adults see children as less wise than themselves and therefore may not value their opinions on certain topics

That is often the case in many situations, though ideas from young persons are valued if well presented and directed to the responsible person or respond.

Guest Abby (Uganda)
On 1/13/2019 at 3:33 PM, Guest Fred Uganda said:

No I think we always look down on children like they are too small. Yet for me I say children need listening to, they have honesty compared to adults.

I don't agree with you because children can't be as honest as adults because they can easily be lured into deceiving about a certain thing and they can go by that and represent it with out further consultations. 

Guest Paul
On 12 January 2019 at 7:11 PM, Guest Jane said:

I think it depends on the context, some children have more opportunities to be actively involved in society outside of their families than others.

True 👍

Guest Solo(Uganda)
5 minutes ago, Guest Abby (uganda) said:

So why do you think they aren't represented and what could be the major caus

5 minutes ago, Guest ROBERT (UGANDA) said:

True that is what some adults think but to me i say that children's veiws are so imprtant that can be used to solve problems in societies.

In some societies and families children remain young and can't be valued until they are aged and mature 

Guest ali(uganda)

it depends on the societal norms and principals, some adults do not value children as regarded to be inferior howewer this should not be the case since they are also members of the society.

Guest Paul
12 minutes ago, Guest Amane, Japan said:

Nice one, children are the elders of tomorrow so this just grooms them 

Guest Solo(Uganda)
3 minutes ago, Guest Paul said:

True 👍

Do you think Paul its good to involve children in all context

Guest Caroline

I think that the contribution of children is valued in different ways in different communities. Sometimes communities can overlook the ingenuity that children can bring when they place the emphasis of the community on elders.  On the otherhand, some communities see their children as the future of the community and therefore are open to their advancements and their thoughts are fostered. Either way, I think it’s safe to say that in most contexts street kids (and their thoughts/ideas/and opinions) tend to be overlooked by communities due to their status of being seen outside of society rather than apart of it. All communities could do a better job of integrating children’s contributions, especially those of street kids. 

Guest Erisa
2 minutes ago, Guest ali(uganda) said:

it depends on the societal norms and principals, some adults do not value children as regarded to be inferior howewer this should not be the case since they are also members of the society.

Yes

Guest BRIDGET (UGANDA)
2 hours ago, Guest BRIDGET (UGANDA) said:

Yes some children help the elderly in the community.

True some children help the elderly in the community like supporting them in some work i.e caring for them.

Guest ROBERT (UGANDA)
2 hours ago, Guest Fahad(Uganda) said:

Yes when a child comes up with a thought of going to school the adult will accept because its good. 

True because that will be asign of good thinking.