Sign in to follow this  
admin

Do you think child labour is a bad idea?

Guest Glibert-Uganda

children under child labour are exposed to drug abuse as they live under peer pressure which might result to psychiatric problems

Guest MPIIMA NATHAN JIMMMY

ITS NOT NEEDED BECAUSE ITS LIKE PRISON TO A CHILD

Guest Glibert-Uganda
On 9/12/2019 at 5:54 AM, Guest Hannah said:

I think they can all [both girls and boys] work as long as they are going to school, doing their homework, getting good grades and getting a fair wage (and not doing anything dangerous!)

and i would not call this child labour

Guest Glibert-Uganda
On 9/16/2019 at 9:07 AM, Guest Alfred, Uganda said:

In answer to the question "Do you think it is more acceptable for boys or girls to engage in paid work?"

"They can equally do paid work as long as it doesn't stop them from going to school"

it might not harm them and actually be full of exploitation which might affect them in the long run

Guest MASABA EDRINE      USA

Child lobour is bad and the problem is on the government  we have to tell the government   to stop childlobour

Guest David - Ireland

Yes - it can be dangerous. Throughout history children have been used to do a lot of dangerous work such as in the mills and today they are still often used in factories.

Guest Glibert-Uganda
On 9/18/2019 at 10:36 AM, Guest Megan UK said:

I agree with Lauren above that it depends on what you mean by child labour. I think having a part time job aged 14 onwards which doesn't have a negative effect on school work is a good idea. Learning skills in the workplace and learning to budget are good things for your future and full time jobs later in life. 

this can be agood idea if the person employing the child is focused on skilling the child and teaching the child may be for future refernces

Guest NAMUKOSE CLAIRE

SOME CHILDREN CAN NOT GO TO SCHOOL INORDER TO PERFORM SOME ACTIVITIES

Guest MPIIMA NATHAN JIMMMY

NO IT NOT NEED

Guest Nicola UK

I have had a part-time job (or full time since being an adult) ever since I was 13. I think it helped me learn a lot about responsibility and budgeting. However, all the work I did when I was a child was safe, a small number of hours, I wasn't relying upon it for my survival and it didn't affect my studies negatively. Therefore, I think that small, safe part-time jobs for young people can be positive, but it's not positive if they are working full time or responsible for their own basic needs from their work.

Guest Leigh UK

It depends on the age of the child. The child should not have to work to survive. Education should be the most important thing. I think age 15 and above is fine for part-time. A lot of children do better with vocational education rather than academically.

Guest Dan, UK

Children need to spend their youth learning and growing into going adults and contribute positively to society.  Employment can form part of that learning but I think it should be a choice made by you, not a necessity of situation. 

Guest Jo-Anne UK

There can only be one answer to that surely!?

Guest Louise Tully UK

It is, because childhood should be about education, fun and developing a sense of self. Whilst child labour can keep families eating it is problematic that states do not support families well enough that their childhood should be protected. It also indicates a much bigger problem in society of expected exploitation and an assumption that only wealthy families are worthy of education and protected childhood rights.