Sign in to follow this  
admin

Do you think child labour is a bad idea?

Guest Gary

Yes, of course, it's a bad idea. There are enough adults without employment and children should be in school learning.

Guest Lauren

It depends on how you define child labour. I think children's labour which takes away time from their studies is definitely damaging and children should also have time left to play, hazardous work is also bad. 

Guest Lauren

I think older children (13+?) could maybe spend a small amount of time working in the home or in a job suitable for a young person as it teaches responsibility and other skills

Guest Child Labour Coalition, US

in the United States hundreds of thousands of children perform #ChildLabor on U.S. farms--many are the children of migrant farmworkers performing back-breaking labor that typically starts at age 12.

Guest Hiroki, Japan

I think it is not a bad idea but they should do what they want in their childhood. They have a right to choose whatever they want; study, work, and other things.

Guest Akane, Japan

I think that it is not a bad idea because they can learn practical skills or manners in society.

However, I believe it is important to gain basic knowledge including mandatory education in order to live as one of members in society. 

Guest Hannah

I think they can all [both girls and boys] work as long as they are going to school, doing their homework, getting good grades and getting a fair wage (and not doing anything dangerous!)

Guest Gerri

In reply to: Do you think it is acceptable for school age children to have a part-time job?

'Absolutely, it should be part of the curriculum'

Guest Hannah

In answer to 'Do your children have to do chores?'

"Yes!!! They are 2 and 4 but they have to tidy their toys, make their beds etc. I have two amazingly independent little chicks 😃"

"and they don't get pocket money for doing it...I don't get paid, they don't paid 😂"

Guest Alfred, Uganda

In answer to the question "Do you think it is more acceptable for boys or girls to engage in paid work?"

"They can equally do paid work as long as it doesn't stop them from going to school"

Guest Hannah

In answer to the question "Do you think it is more acceptable for boys or girls to engage in paid work?"

"I think they can all work as long as they are going to school, doing their homework, getting good grades and getting a fair wage (and not doing anything dangerous!)"

Guest Megan UK

I agree with Lauren above that it depends on what you mean by child labour. I think having a part time job aged 14 onwards which doesn't have a negative effect on school work is a good idea. Learning skills in the workplace and learning to budget are good things for your future and full time jobs later in life. 

Guest Fred UK

I had a paper delivery round when I was young which meant lots of early mornings, but I think it taught me responsibility and I felt proud of what I earned and was able to buy for myself as a result. I think children having small, safe jobs can have a lot of benefits as long as it doesn't affect their studies.

Guest Jane guest

Yes, children have a right to a childhood, and an education, both of which are comprised by a child having to work to earn. Children should have chores and support their family working together but I do not believe they should not be put to work outside the home 

Guest ROBERT (UGANDA)

Yes because it make a child to be stressed all the time.

Guest mpiima nathan jimmy

yes,its bad because it makes a child to run out of the school.

Guest Glibert-Uganda

child labour is extremely bad since it leads to exploitation of this youg child and above all they end up with serious diseases since their bodies arenot really ready for work

Guest mpiima nathan jimmy

it changes the life or the future of a child.

Guest Kasuubo Bayati - Uganda

child labour is bad because it may lead to school dropout which contributes to illiteracy

it can cause achild to neglect his or her home due to heavy work and go to streets and this is always due to heavy work given to them at home

Guest RAYMOND (UGANDA)

Its bad idea because it make achild loose hope in life span.

Guest Namutebi Zuena- Uganda

child labour is bad in the following ways

it can result to school dropout as children tend to focus on monetary gains yet they need to go to school and learn other skills

Guest owino lsaac

no it is bad because child does not have any right

Guest SHIFA (UGANDA)

Its bad  because it makes the child to drop out from home to street.

Guest Ivan, Bakali, Fred, jalilu

Child labour is a bad idea because:

It makes a child tiresome.

It causes a child to neglect his/her home, dueto heavy work given to them and they end up going to the street.

It prevents a child from going to school and getting an education.